Get new UK online casino bonus offer. Signup today and stay ahead of the game!
What Are Live Dealer Online Casinos?
When you play in a live casino online, you're getting an experience that's as close as you can get to actually going to a brick and mortar location. The idea is that certain titles play out in real settings over high-quality video and audio feeds. Additionally, everything is set up so that you can wager on these titles through both mobile- and computer-based software options. When you combine this experience with the ability to chat it up with your dealer and the other players at the table, it's understandably a particularly popular way to play.
How we Rate the Best Live Casino Sites
To understand our rating system for the best live casinos available, it all comes down to a certain set of criteria that we evaluate. While not each one of these criteria are factored into our decision equally since some are more important than others, we do look for all of them to be handled well before we can recommend a place to play. Here our Top10Casino.uk team will look over some of the key factors we take into consideration for live dealer online casino sites so that you have a better feel for where our ratings are coming from.
- License Status - One of the most critical things we look at first is the licensing and status of that license. Marks against them from the UKGC for any reason will factor into our decision.
- Live Game Selection - When choosing the best online live dealer casino sites from the large number available, the selection of those titles is something we specifically look for. This includes both the quality and quantity of options.
- Safety and Security - We like to know that strong encryption and other technologies are used to keep player data secure, which includes financial details and personal information.
- Bonus Options - The overall promotional selection is important to get a good value, but we also look at any live casino bonus offers in particular since they're less common than deals for other games.
- Quick Withdrawals - Something we want to avoid as much as possible are unnecessary delays for cash outs. That's why we look for a history of fast withdrawals and a good selection of payment options known for quick transactions.
- Customer Care - A strong support team that's available at all hours is what we're specifically looking for here. If customer service representatives aren't available around the clock, we usually aren't a fan.
- Mobile Options - Virtually all options out there in the modern era allow you to play via mobile. However, we like to see all modern devices supported whether they're tablets or smartphones and whether they use iOS or the Android operating system.
Live Games to Play Online for Real Money
Several styles of games can be found at live dealer casino sites, and the place you choose to play will often determine which titles you specifically have access to. This includes variations of blackjack, Baccarat, poker style games and roulette. Each of these options will appeal to a different type of player, and you'll also find that their betting limits and other details can differ from their RNG style alternatives.
Blackjack is one of the most popular casino games of all time, so it makes sense that it would be incredibly popular within the live dealer environment. You'll find a few styles available at live dealer casinos online with slightly different rule sets that have more of a traditional feel. Additionally, some variations are only available through live casino dealers online. Jackpot style titles that give you bigger wins for certain conditions are popular examples operated by multiple software providers. With that said, betting limits frequently start at 1 pound per hand, which can be higher than more traditional online tables.
888 is Best for Live Blackjack
When you play with 888Casino, you're getting around a dozen different styles of blackjack. Their focus is on giving players more of a variety while still having depth within that selection of different aesthetics and slightly modified rule sets. We chose this particular place to play as our recommendation because of the selection and their reasonable betting limits that typically start at the 1 GBP level. However, they're also a great site overall that's one of the top balanced options for British players.
In the genre of roulette options, there have historically been three main choices: American, European and French. For the most part, these options remain when you have a human croupier running the table. However, some additional options are also available that shore up some of the perceived weaknesses in the game. Specifically, certain styles allow for chances to hit much higher prizes in the realm of 500 times what you've wagered, which is way more than the 36x maximum wins normally seen. Combine that with £0.10 minimum casino wagers at many of the tables, and you have a pretty reasonable experience for most players.
Spin the Wheel on the Best Roulette Games at Casumo Casino
Our pick for those looking for roulette specifically is Casumo. We chose them because of their great game selection, which includes between five and ten different types of tables. Some of these are essentially the same rules with a different presentation. However, their inclusion of atypical titles like Lightning Roulette that cannot be found away from the live casino dealer style helps to put them over the time. Bigger wins and a more exciting visual style are the order of the day in this particular option and others like it.
From a historical perspective, playing Baccarat in person has generally been a very particular and exclusive experience. Before online tables were available, your only real options were usually high stakes affairs in roped-off areas at brick and mortar casinos. However, the best live casinos online have Baccarat with wagers as low as £1 per hand in most cases, and that includes both the traditional, no commission and "EZ Baccarat" formats.
For Top Baccarat Tables Choose Mr Green
Many players know Mr Green for their interesting promotions and mascot. However, they also have a great live casino offering punto banco and some additional Baccarat variations for a total of about half a dozen options. If you really like the tradition of the squeeze performance, you can get that, but just be ready for a longer time for each hand to play out. In contrast, players who just want to get to the gameplay and betting portions will enjoy the speed-based tables that move things along a lot quicker.
As a whole, poker is probably the best live dealer casino game genre when it comes to variety. Titles like Caribbean Stud and Three Card Poker only somewhat look alike, but they're both considered members of the same game "family," so to speak. With this variety built into the genre, you might expect the betting limits to range wildly, but that's not so much the case. Most of these are available for as little as one pound per hand at most of the sites that offer them.
Play Real Money Poker at Ruby Fortune
As we mentioned above, selection is a key component of finding the best place to play live poker, and that's one reason we recommend Ruby Fortune. They have tables for options like Casino Hold'em, Side Bet City, Three Card Poker, Caribbean Stud and some other popular picks. Additionally, their betting limits come in at the standard 1 pound minimum that's the usual for this type of game. Combine that with their excellent customer service and strong promotional options, and it's easy to see how they're such a solid pick for this type of game.
Playing slots in the live casino format is not as popular as some players might think. However, a limited number of options are available for players who would like to try it out. One of the issues with the genre as a whole is that it takes a lot of resources for a site to set up this type of slot because of the technology involved compared to the thousands available in the more traditional format. Nonetheless, some are available with wagers as low as 0.10 GBP per turn.
Try Live Slots at Betway
Betway is our recommended option for this type of game for one primary reason. The most popular title in the sub-genre is Crazy Coin Flip, which is available here. It's all about taking advantage of this format and going above and beyond what you would get in more traditional online slots. You can wager in this title for as little as £0.10 per spin as well, which makes it super affordable compared to the minimum wagers needed for other types of games in this format.
Others - Game Shows, Craps, and More
One of the things we've seen emerge from the focus on live dealer casino games online is new styles of play that do not necessarily match existing genres. This is where things start to get super interesting because these options can take on formats that look more like a game show. While they can include casino-like elements for randomization factors like wheels, dice and so on, the overall presentation is usually a bit different than anything else. Titles like CrazyTime and Dream Catcher are perhaps the two most popular options in this genre, but plenty of others are also there to enjoy.
Play Monopoloy, Dream Catcher, and more at Dream Vegas
Dream Vegas is one of those brands that has been around for a long time. Their popularity has stayed high because they know how to keep up with the latest ideas and trends in the industry, and this includes these atypical options that use human dealers for game show type play. In their titles in this genre, you can often play for as little as 0.10 pounds per wager. Additionally, Dream Vegas Casino has all of the top choices including both Dream Catcher and CrazyTime. What's more, however, is that they have fresh releases whenever they're available, so you're always getting the newest options out there.
Top 10 Most Popular Live Games
Out of all of the genres and sub-genres available at online casinos with live dealers, certain specific titles seem to hold up over time as being the most popular. New games can be released that shift this order around, but most of the time, it's hard to move these options from their top spots. Sometimes these live casino games have very dedicated fanbases, but it's also often that players move around between different tables, sticking to a handful of these favorites.
- Surrender Blackjack - Ezugi is known for their Surrender Blackjack tables that include the surrender strategic option. You can play for 1 pound per hand in most cases, and having the ability to bail on a hand mid-way makes it stand out a lot.
- Teen Patti - Another option most commonly associated with Ezugi, this is another title that tends to have a very loyal base of players who don't often jump to other games. Again, £1 minimum wagers are the standard here.
- Dragon Tiger - Generally regarded as a simplified version of Baccarat, Ezugi's Dragon Tiger tables have an excellent presentation and low betting limits of as little as 1 pound per wager.
- Cricket War - Ezugi is the only place to find this title with a simulated cricket match between two sides played with cards. Smaller bets are available than with many other live options, which makes these tables stand out.
- Ultimate Sic Bo - This title from Ezugi adds more to the traditional Sic Bo experience with random wins worth up to 1,000 times the usual. Minimum bets of £1 are the norm here as well.
- Lightning Blackjack - Produced by Evolution Gaming, Lightning Blackjack has a special multiplier available for winning with specific totals. This changes the strategies a bit because of the opportunity to win as much as 25x with 1 pound minimums.
- Immersive Roulette - Starting with wagers at the £0.10 level per turn, this table has the best production values of any variant of roulette online. Available from Evolution Gaming, it has tons of video angles and has won multiple awards.
- Craps - The best craps option in the live casino setting is with the software produced from Evolution Gaming. Minimum bet sizes vary based on which wagers you take, but you can get in for just £1 in most cases.
- Side Bet City - Evolution Gaming put together an innovative poker style that you can't find anywhere else with wins based on three-card, five-card and seven-card hands. You'll need 1 pound per hand to start off at these tables.
- Ultimate Texas Hold'em - The most popular version of the most popular style of poker is found in the live setting exclusively with Evolution Gaming. The bet sizes vary based on how you play the game, but you can get started with £1 chips.
How Do Live Dealer Online Casino Games Work?
The basic way that these tables work is that a high definition video feed is used to show you what's happening on the board and with the cards, wheels, dice and other gameplay agents. Innovative technology is then used to integrate that information into the online setting so that you can place bets in real time. All of the best live casinos online work like this, and it allows you to take part as if you were sitting there as a part of the actual action.
Exclusive Tables and Native Speaking Tables
Some live dealers casino sites online allow you to have special tables that offer different types of service. For example, you could have certain tables that speak specific languages, which makes it easier to chat with other players and your croupier. Additionally, exclusive VIP tables can be available in many cases that have much higher betting minimums and other restrictions. You can even request a table that's to yourself at certain sites that serve UK players.
The languages available can vary at certain times based on which dealers are available. However, English, French, Spanish, Turkish, Russian and Mandarin are usually available around the clock in most cases. This allows for a deeper social factor since you can be paired up with other players who can chat in your preferred language.
Chat Options - Interact with the Dealers and Other Players
Having the ability to chat with other players is a big part of what makes live casino sites so appealing. Additionally, you can speak with the dealer while he or she is running the game, and this typically includes the ability to tip just like you would in a brick and mortar setting. It's all a part of the immersion factor, and the social element is a critical part of that. In fact, it's ultimately the most important part for many British players.
Live Dealer Etiquette - What Players Need to Know
When you're taking part in the chat interface of the top live dealer online casino sites, it's important that you understand the etiquette expected of you. It's critical that you do not insult the person running the table or the other people who are enjoying themselves by playing. Celebrating your wins is completely fine, but making fun of someone for their losses is very much frowned upon. As long as you keep the language friendly and follow those guidelines, you'll generally be well received.
Live Dealer Online Casino Games Versus RNG Games
Other than the way you view the game through video feeds, the best casino games only have one fundamental difference from RNG style titles. That difference is how the randomization is determined. At tables with a human dealer, that individual will shuffle or use some type of mechanical device like a dice roller or a wheel to create the randomization. However, in RNG titles, a program called a random number generator is used to achieve the same goal. Each of them have the same degree of randomness, but it's just two different ways to produce that chance factor.
Pros and Cons of Live Dealer Online Casinos
Much like other ways to play, the best online live dealer casinos have their own pros and cons. Additionally, playing in this format in general has advantages and disadvantages regardless of the specific place or title you play with. Here we want to make sure that you understand what live dealer casinos online are and what you can expect on both sides of the equation.
- The game selection is larger than most players expect, including lots of options not available in traditional online formats.
- These tables are the most popular spots for enjoying casino games of any type while also chatting up other players.
- It's difficult to beat the extremely high-end presentation used in live online casinos.
- Players have to content with higher minimum betting limits than what you would typically see.
- Even the top live casino options sometimes have limited promotions and bonuses for these tables.
Top Mobile Apps and Games
Playing in the live environment via mobile is particularly viable thanks to modern devices and fast connection speeds. This includes both iOS and Android operating systems for all of the highest rated live casino sites that we have reviewed. With that said, some games like craps and roulette do work better on devices that have larger screens like tablets just because the layouts are bigger. However, zooming options can be available to make these more viable on smaller screens. Outside of that, the experience is the same on mobile or on your computer.
How To Choose The Best Live Casino
We have seen and reviewed all of the best live dealer online casino sites for UK players, and we've ranked them accordingly. However, what one player prefers can be slightly different than another based on individual preferences. As such, we provide a lot of information to make it easier to sort out which one will be the most preferable pick for you. Likewise, here we take a look at some of the items you can consider when making your choice.
- Industry Awards - Looking to which titles and software providers have won specific types of awards can be a helpful guide for this particular genre.
- Bonuses and Promotions - The bonus options for the best live dealer casinos are typically limited, so having available promotions that provide a good value are particularly important.
- Software Providers - A number of different developers have games operated by real people at real tables. However, their specific selections and styles can be pretty different.
- Private Tables - Some players, particularly when playing for higher stakes, prefer having an exclusive table. These are more widely available at some sites than others.
- Betting Spreads - The betting limits available for certain types of games really must be examined closely before jumping in. They vary a bit from place to place, and they're generally higher than the RNG versions of the same titles.
- Game Offering - If you're looking for a certain type of game, and an online live casino doesn't have it, then it's not a good pick for you.
- Mobile Compatibility - For players who want to enjoy their play via mobile or who may want to in the future, making sure the software is compatible with your device ahead of time is a good idea.
Live Dealer Casino Software Providers and Studios
You'll find a tremendous range of providers in this space that have tables of all kinds of live dealer games. However, the exact titles available can vary a lot between each developer, and other things like betting limits can also be different. If you know a provider you like, that can make it a lot easier to find the best live dealer casino for you, which is why we recommend being familiar with them.
Evolution Gaming (and NetEnt)
After Evolution Gaming purchased Net Entertainment, they went back to being the undisputed leader in this space. They have dozens of games in all available genres with the best level of quality production that you can find. Additionally, their games are found pretty much everywhere that you can find casino sites online, and that includes over a dozen languages. Their non-standard titles based on game show themes like CrazyTime stand out as being an area where they beat virtually all of the competition.
Playtech has a strong position in this sector of the industry, as they do in many other sectors. They show a strong set of different game variations like Unlimited Blackjack and Age of Gods Roulette, the latter of which offers a tie-in to a progressive jackpot. Additionally, you can find their games in Russian, Spanish, Romanian, Italian, English and other languages. They're one of the most popular UK providers in particular.
Considered the world number two behind Evolution for a long time, this provider has more than 20 different titles and a whooping nine studio sets. Spanish, Russian and Turkish language options are available in addition to English, and they have multiple licenses outside of the United Kingdom as well. In terms of game selection, they focus on blackjack and Baccarat primarily, including a "no commission" style of the latter.
Quality is the name of the game with Visionary iGaming, often called ViG for short. They are one of the rare providers that will allow you to play for "play money" in some cases. Most of their game selection is focused on the standard offering of roulette, Baccarat and blackjack with minimum wagers starting at £1 in most cases.
The offering from Microgaming is pretty solid with sic bo and Casino Hold'em available in addition to blackjack, Baccarat and single-zero roulette. With that said, their list of available variations of each of these titles is more limited. While their general software is found at many of the best live casinos, their actual tables of this type aren't always the focus. With that said, they do have lower betting limits than most in some games that typically go down to the £0.50 or £1 level.
Fresh Deck Studios
With Fresh Deck Studios, you get the standard offering that you might find with many other providers. This includes a lineup of Baccarat, blackjack and roulette. With that said, you have a few different variations of each that are still pretty standard fare. Betting limits are average for the industry with most games having a £1 minimum wager. However, the quality of their presentation is on the upper end of the available range, which can make them appealing for many players.
Extreme Live Gaming
Purchased by Pragmatic Play and absorbed into their offering, Extreme Live Gaming provided a very strong foundation. Their influence is felt so strongly that players still often look for their games by name without realizing they were acquired by another software provider. Their legacy and very much held up over time since Pragmatic Play is now one of the top players in this particular space.
With an exclusive focus on roulette, Authentic Gaming is a bit of a specialty provider. However, their XL Roulette and Live Lucky Ball styles are definitely something that stand out compared to offerings from other providers. Moreover, they have a Casino Floor Roulette game that takes place in an actual brick and mortar location, which allows you to play along with people who are playing in person.
After purchasing Extreme Live Gaming and using their software as a super solid foundation, Pragmatic Play has built one of the main platforms for live casino dealers in the world. They're more popular than most and have a sizable reach in the United Kingdom in particular. Aside from Baccarat, blackjack and roulette, they also have some other variations that allow for more players at a table at a time and other elements that give them a leg up over the competition.
Best Bonuses and Promotions For Table Games
All of the best lie dealer online casino sites offer up strong promotions and bonuses. However, the main thing to look for is that you're able to actually play these titles thanks to the game restrictions along with the wagering requirements. That bit of red tape aside, you'll find a few different styles of promotions that can help to add to your bottom line when enjoying these games.
- Free Bets: This is essentially some free shots at a specific game at a predeterined bet size. Any winnings are usually converted into a combined bonus.
- Deposit Bonus: When you make a deposit, it's matched with this type of bonus based on a certain percentage. These are frequently the best options available when starting off at a new place to play with special welcome offers.
- VIP Programs: Earning points for real money play through VIP and loyalty programs can get you paid. That's because those points can be converted into special bonus offers and other prizes.
- Other Bonus Offers: Flat rate bonuses and no deposit deals can occasionally, but not often, be used to play. They give value in atypical ways and often vary from place to place.
Payment Methods for Live Casinos in the UK
Players from the United Kingdom always have a really nice number of payment options to pick and choose from at our recommended sites. As such, we recommend picking out a primary and secondary option for deposits and for withdrawals for the sake of convenience. Here we'll look over all of the major options and what you can look forward to from each of those.
PayPal is the Most Popular E-wallet
With quick turnaround times and no minimum transaction amounts, PayPal has carved out a place for itself as the most popular electronic wallet for UK players. You can typically get your withdrawals processed within 24 to 48 hours at our recommended live dealer casinos online. Likewise, their maximum transaction amounts are high, making them a great choice for high stakes players.
Credit cards cannot be used for depositing to live casinos in the UK. However, debit cards that are powered by names like Visa and Mastercard can be used as long as they are actually funded with money you have in your account. Likewise, prepaid card options can be used too. For these allowed cards, fees are typically reasonable, and both deposits and withdrawals are fairly speedy.
Cryptocurrency - Bitcoin, Ethereum, and More
A variety of cryptocurrencies are available, and you can find a lot of them as a viable payment option at some places. However, the two most popular by far are Ethereum and Bitcoin, and both of these are used quite a bit by British players. One thing to look for, however, is that these are frequently converted into pounds for playing purposes since most live casino software will only support fiat currencies. That aside, transactions are very fast, and transactions limits are virtually eliminated.
Pay by Phone - ApplePay, GooglePay, Boku
Using your phone to pay can take multiple forms. For example, both ApplePay and GooglePay essentially link to your bank account to act as a bank transfer service. However, Boku is a different type of service that allows deposits by charging your mobile phone provider. The fees for Boku vary depending on where you're playing and are typically around average to slightly below-average. With that said, services like GooglePay and ApplePay have very mild fees comparatively.
Best Features of Live Dealer Games
When you sit down to play at one of these tables, you'll notice that the feature set is different than what you're used to. You'll get to pick from a variety of other things you don't necessarily have options for in RNG titles. Here we'll look at some of these special features to give you an idea of the fresh takes you can get on your experience with these tables.
- You can sometimes choose from different camera angles, which can be useful in wide layouts for games like roulette.
- Picking from different types of dealers, male or female and so on, helps to customize the experience in a way you may not have seen before.
- A number of game types and variations are found in the live casino format that you cannot find anywhere else.
- It's really easy to pick from a number of different languages at the tables.
- You'll find a bigger focus on side bets at these tables than what you see in traditional online games.
What is a live online casino?This is a site where you can play casino games across high definition video feeds as if you were playing in person.
How do I play live casino games?Log into one of our recommended places to play and choose the appropriate game from the live dealer section.
Can I get a bonus to use at these types of casinos?Yes, bonuses and other promotions are available.
How do I know the games aren't rigged?We only give strong ratings to completely licensed casinos that have regular audits to make sure that the games you play are fair.
Can the dealers see me while I'm playing the games?No, the video feeds only go in one direction.
Are the dealers used real professionals?The people running the games are trained professionals both for the games themselves but also in the software involved for the streaming.
Can I play free live dealer casino games online?You have very limited options for playing these games with play money, most of which come from Visionary iGaming.
What happens if a table is full for the game I want to play?At some tables, you'll find no limit, but at others, you'll be put on a waiting list.
Can I play with a low budget?Playing with a small budget is possible, but we recommend looking over the betting limits of different options ahead of time to find the right fit for you.
Do these casinos offer no deposit bonuses?While some of these sites offer no deposit bonuses, they typically cannot be played at the live tables.