Get new UK online casino bonus offer. Signup today and stay ahead of the game!
How We Rate the Best Live Blackjack Sites
We look at many different areas when reviewing each casino site at Top10Casino UK. We take into account the licensing and security, the choice of games, the payment services, customer support, mobile functionality, bonuses and promotions, and more. The best casino sites will offer a high level of convenience and entertainment, so you can be sure of a great gaming experience.
- Licensing - The best online casinos are backed by a gaming license from the Gambling Commission of Great Britain. This is the most prestigious regulation in the gaming industry and ensures a safe and fair gaming operation.
- Security - The top gaming operators use the latest SSL encryption technology to ensure all personal data and funds are fully shielded from any threats.
- Casino Games - Every online casino platform should feature a wide selection of games. The top-rated gaming sites have a selection of video slots, jackpot games, tables, instant wins, and a full live dealer lobby.
- Banking Methods - Getting money in and out of your real money balance should always be an easy and safe process, with a good choice of payment methods to pick from.
- Customer Support - Should you encounter any hiccups, a friendly and professional customer support service will be on hand to resolve any issues. The top casinos offer 24/7 support via live chat and email.
- Mobile Functionality - More players prefer to enjoy casino betting via their mobile devices. All listed online casinos are fully optimised to perform on your iOS and Android devices.
- Bonuses and Promotions - You can boost your balance through many types of bonuses, including regular reload bonuses, free spins, cashback deals, and VIP rewards.
Advantages of Playing Live Dealer Blackjack
Playing live blackjack offers lots of benefits over virtual blackjack. These games are more entertaining and more thrilling, let's take a look at some of the advantages of playing it online in 2023.
- Authentic Experience - Live games offer a true-to-life betting experience thanks to the HD stream. You feel more connected to the game and immersed in the moment, all from your device.
- Easy and Convenient - The games are easy to play and you don't need to leave the house to get the real casino experience.
- Safe and Fair - There is no fear of games being rigged or any technical glitches ruining your bets. All bets take place in a real casino.
- Pick your Dealer - There are many live dealer options to pick from, so you can choose your dealer, table limit, and casino environment.
Disadvantages of Live Dealer Blackjack
Playing comes with its share of disadvantages too, let's take a look at some of the drawbacks you may experience.
- Wait Times - Unlike playing vs computer, you have to wait for other players to place their bets, which can draw the game out longer.
- Seating Limitations - With only seven seats on the tables, some games may be full and unavailable for play.
- Betting Limits - The live betting limits are higher than virtual tables. The bet limits usually start at £1, with some tables only available to those with larger budgets.
How Does Live Casino Blackjack Work?
Live dealer blackjack creates a betting environment that resembles a real casino experience. The betting action is broadcast in real-time to your screen, with the game taking place in a brick-and-mortar casino. There is a real dealer that serves up the cards, which are pulled from a card shuffler. Other players can join the seats and play alongside you, making it more true to life. The live dealer game comes with customisable settings too, such as betting limit and camera angle. This creates a more thrilling experience by putting you up against a real dealer. Live dealer games are popular because the games are more exciting and it's like visiting a casino from the comfort of your own home.
Live Dealer Casino Software Features
When playing live dealer games, you can take advantage of some convenient features that will improve your experience. These features are in place to allow players to set the game to their preference. Here are some of the in-game extras you can toggle with when playing live tables.
- Betting Limits - The bet limits allow you to set the bet amount to suit your budget. The live games offer small and large betting ranges, so all budgets are catered for.
- Game Rules - Each live table has a tab where you can view a breakdown of the rules of the game, including any available side bets.
- Chat Function - The live games feature a chat box where you can interact with the dealer and other players, making the game more social and fun.
- Camera Angles - There are multiple camera angles to choose from, so you can pick the one that suits your preference.
How to Play Live Casino Blackjack Online
When you're ready to enter the allure of the lobby and try your hand at the best live dealer blackjack sites online, just follow these steps and you'll soon be a blackjack pro.
- Pick your preferred casino and register your details
- Make a deposit and claim your bonus offer
- Head to the live games lobby and pick your table
- Take your seat and place your first wager
- You will be dealt two cards, then you can hit for another card or stick
- If your card total is under 22 and the dealer's cards are lower than yours, you win.
- Your real money balance will increase every time you win.
Live Blackjack Studios
Live dealer games are becoming a more attractive proposition to casino players in UK. The game studios are developing more attractive tables with technological enhancements. These games take place in real casinos around the world, including the UK, the Philippines, Latvia, and many other countries.
Live Blackjack Table Limits
With so many live dealer tables to pick from, you can find table limits to suit small and large budgets. The games have betting limits from £0.50 to £5000 per hand. There are also many live VIP tables that offer high roller betting limits, you'll need a serious bankroll to enter these exclusive games.
Can you chat to Live blackjack dealers?
Yes, most live dealer games have chat functionality that allows you to communicate with the dealers and other players. This makes the experience a touch more authentic as you can enjoy social interaction with others, just as you would if you were sitting in a casino.
What are the table capacities for live blackjack?
The standard table capacity is seven players. However, you can find some live tables with a more intimate setting with as low as just one seat.
How busy are live casino blackjack tables?
The live blackjack dealer games will have busy times and less busy times, it all depends on the hour. There are some super popular games from top providers that are busy around the clock as the game is available to players around the world. Many live blackjack games will indicate how many players are currently on the table before you enter the game.
Comparison Between Land, Online, and Live Blackjack Games
Playing blackjack in a land-based casino, online, or in the lobby all offer a different experience. Land-based casinos give social interaction and a high level of thrills. The regular online games offer a fast-paced and easy betting experience and you can take advantage of regular bonuses. These games also offer complete privacy. The live dealer games offer the land-based experience but with the convenience of staying in.
Overall, live dealer games offer the best of both worlds. You can enjoy an authentic casino experience with some level of interaction but still enjoy the conveniences of bonus offers, easy payments, privacy and more.
Best Live Casino Online Blackjack Games To Play
Blackjack has been a focal point of the casino since the first casino was built. The game of blackjack has remained true to its form but there have been many variations of the live table game, with different themes and extra side bets. Here are some of the most popular versions of the game.
Classic Blackjack (American)
This version of the game has the standard seven seats with all the regular side bets, including the optional 21+3 and Perfect Pairs side bets. Moreover, you will find the option for Bet Behind and a DEAL NOW button.
The game uses between two and eight card decks and the dealer must hit on a hand that is 16 or less. European Blackjack is the most common version of the game and is available at many live dealer tables. The game includes the insurance side bet, with double down and split options.
Face Up 21
The game shows both of the dealer's cards, and there are no side bets in this game. This game is all about the double exposure factor, which makes it easier for players to make the right bet.
VIP is just like regular blackjack but the table limits are much higher and you're playing in a more exclusive casino environment. Some of the VIP games allow you to place bets up to £10,000 per hand.
This variation from Evolution has low stakes and is run by a dealer and co-presenter, making gameplay more fun and interactive. There are rich betting features and side bets, including perfect pairs, bet behind, double, insurance, and more.
This game offers players a very generous 99.50% RTP. The game uses a common set of cards to maximise the number of bets placed per round, so players have the same cards, but the bets placed will be different.
Bet Behind blackjack is a version of the game that allows you to follow another blackjack player at the same table. You and the other player share the same hand and are teaming up to beat the dealer.
Perfect Pairs blackjack offers a side bet that the two cards dealt make a pair. There are multiple perfect pair bets with varying odds, including the same numerical value and the same face value.
Some live blackjack titles from Evolution Gaming include a handy pre-decision feature that makes the game more fast-paced. This extra allows players to make the discretion to hit, stand, double down, or split when the first card is dealt to the first player, cutting wait times down drastically.
Top 10 Most Popular Live Blackjack Variants
- Power Blackjack- This game from Evolution Gaming has nines and tens removed from the deck and you can double, triple, and quadruple your bet after the first set of cards is dealt.
- One Blackjack- The game from Pragmatic Play has lots of side bets and extras including crazy 7, a bust bonus, 21+3, and perfect pairs.
- Speed - Evolution Gaming's Speed Blackjack keeps the game fast-paced with the players making their decision quickest starting the betting round.
- Lightning - This game from Evolution Gaming is one of the most popular titles. The game allows an infinite number of players to join in the same game round.
- Quantum - This blackjack game from Pragmatic Play also allows an unlimited number of players to join the game.
- Infinite - Infinite Blackjack allows an infinite number of players to take a seat at the table, so you never have to wait for a seat to become available.
- Azure - There are 10 Blackjack Azure tables to enter, these games have all the usual side bets, and you can split up to two times, which is not available in most other games.
- VIP Blackjack - This game is set in an exclusive casino environment with much larger betting limits.
- Free Bet - This game offers unlimited seats and adds an automatic free bet on selected double-down and split wagers.
- Party - This party-themed version from Evolution Gaming has 7 seats but a bet-behind option so everyone can play.
Live dealer games are becoming more popular amongst players, so more providers are working on live gaming content. At this time, the live dealer gaming industry is dominated by a handful of gaming providers, including Pragmatic Play Live and Evolution Gaming. These developers produce all types of live dealer games, including some more unique money wheel and game show titles. Let's take a look at the top gaming providers for live games.
Evolution Gaming is the undisputed leader of live dealer games. This powerhouse gaming provider has created some of the most popular live games, such as Power and Party. The provider offers exclusive tables for high rollers too, where you can wager eye-watering amounts on a single bet.
Playtech is another gaming provider that develops all manner of casino games. The live titles are played with eight decks of cards and feature versatile limits, multiple camera angles and in-game chat.
Extreme Live Gaming
The games provider focuses only on live dealer content, with a handful of decent titles. These games have table limits ranging from £10 to £1,000 per round. The games have simple controls and limited customisation.
Pragmatic Play is an industry leader that produces slots, tables, and live games. The live dealer games are found on most UK casino sites, with some mega-popular titles like One Blackjack. There are many tables to pick from, with limits to suit all players.
This live dealer supplier has a top-rated blackjack title that offers an immersive experience. The game features multiple side bets, back better, and in-game chat. You can also tip the dealer and follow the news ticker for the game's history.
Ezugi is another leading provider that specialises in live dealer content. The provider has over 30 live games to their name, including four different versions. These games have table limits to suit casual and VIP-sized bankrolls.
Software Providers Compared - Visionary iGaming Vs Extreme Live Gaming
Visionary iGaming first started back in 2008 and offers a full range of gaming products. The live dealer supplier has a decent array of live games, but not a huge number. However, the games are top quality with lots of features and top-notch extras.
Extreme Live Gaming originally built Asian favourites for the Asian market but moved to the UK market in 2015. The provider has since been taken over by Pragmatic Play. The game's developer only has a handful of classic live dealer games covering blackjack, roulette and baccarat.
Overall, Visionary iGaming has a better selection of live dealer products, with impressive quality and excellent attention to detail. The games have stood the test of time and still provide a high level of live dealer entertainment.
Bonuses to Claim in 2023
Although most bonus offers like no deposit free cash deals are not tailored for live dealer games. You can find plenty of bonus treats that are available to use in these games. The regular reload bonuses can be used on live games, but the wagering contribution will be around 5% for live games, as opposed to 100% for slot games. Moreover, some casinos issue cashback on live dealer losses.
Our Featured Live Dealer Blackjack Casino Bonus
Mr Green has a decked-out live games lobby and if offering the chance for players to win a huge daily jackpot prize then they wager on the live games. This is the first online jackpot dedicated to live dealer games, and it must be won every day. All you need to do is wager £2 or more on the selected games and you could randomly trigger the daily jackpot prize.
Rules and Terms you Need to Know
If you are new to blackjack, you should be aware of the game's rules. Here are some terms that you should be familiar with before you start placing bets.
- Split - This is when you are dealt two of the same card and you have the option to split them into two different hands.
- Surrender - Some games allow you to surrender your hand and get half your stake back.
- Double Down - After the hand is dealt, you can double your bet size and draw one extra card.
- Insurance - When the dealer shows an ace, you can place a side bet that will pay you 2:1 if the dealer hits blackjack.
- Push - This is when the dealer and player have the same hand total and the round is a tie.
Payment Methods for Live Blackjack Online in the UK
There are many payment options to choose from when funding your balance. You can get your account topped up through bank card, eWallet, voucher cards and cryptocurrency. All payments are protected through iron-clad SSL encryption technology, so transactions are complete without a hitch.
Credit and Debit Cards
The most popular payment option is the trusty bank card. You can safely send money to your account using your debit card, but credit cards cannot be used at UK casinos. The debit card deposits are carried out instantly but withdrawal times can take up to five working days to complete.
E-wallets - PayPal, Skill, Neteller
eWallets have become one of the most popular payment choices for UK players. These eWallet services act as a payment gateway between the bank and the merchant. The payment adds an extra layer of security and you don't have to share any sensitive banking information. Moreover, the withdrawal times are faster than regular bank cards, with cash-outs usually sent back on the same day. Some of the most popular eWallet services include PayPal, Skrill, and Neteller.
More online casinos are now accepting cryptocurrencies as a form of payment. These digital transactions are recorded on the blockchain and offer unrivalled payment privacy. The most popular crypto options include Bitcoin, Litecoin, and Ethereum. Additionally, cryptocurrency does not require any human intervention, so the withdrawal times are lightning-fast.
Play Real Money Games on Your Mobile
Live dealer blackjack games are created using the latest HTML5 technology, which means these tables are fully responsive to your smartphone and tablet mobile devices. The live dealer mobile experience condenses down to your screen and gives you the full experience. You can still enjoy the immersive gameplay thanks to touch-friendly betting and brilliant HD quality. These games can be enjoyed wherever the day takes you thanks to the live dealer mobile functionality.
Types of Live Blackjack Casinos in the UK
You will find multiple casino online that offer live blackjack casino games. These casinos offer something different, such as real money gaming, low deposits, and no deposit. Here are some of the casino types you can find.
A real money casino is your standard online casino where you need to deposit real money to place bets. This gaming site is the most common in the industry. These casinos have a good mix of games, deposit options and bonuses. We have picked and reviewed the best casinos online in UK where you can play for real money.
The minimum deposit casinos allow players to deposit as little as £5, £3, or just £1. These low-deposit casinos welcome all budget sizes and enable players to enjoy some real money casino play without committing to a large deposit. The min deposit casino is becoming a popular choice for many casual players who want some quick and easy betting fun. We have reviewed the top low deposit casinos.
The no deposit casino allows players to experience real money betting without needing to make a deposit. You will need to register your details with the operator before you are issued real money bonuses, such as a batch of free spins. Of course, the bonus will be tied to strict terms and conditions but it gives you a chance to check out the gaming site without any financial risk. We have found and reviewed the best casinos for playing blackjack where you can get no deposit bonuses.
Tips To Consider Before Placing Your Bets
Before you embark on your live blackjack journey, it's worth considering some useful tips. Check out the list of 'good to knows' before you place wagers in the live dealer lobby.
- Live blackjack is slower paced than RNG blackjack games
- The betting limits on live games are higher than RNG games
- You will need a good internet connection to play
- Playing on mobile is not as immersive as desktop
Ready to Start? Check Out Our Live Blackjack Casino Sites for 2023
Now you're well-versed in the world of blackjack, it's time to indulge in some world-class entertainment. We have done the hard work for you and picked and reviewed the top UK casinos for live blackjack. Enjoy!
Still have a question? Check out the most common questions and answers below.
How do I win online casino live blackjack?To give yourself the best chance of winning on blackjack, you should play the basic blackjack strategy. This will reduce the house edge and ensure you make the right calls when certain cards are in play.
What online bonuses are there for live blackjack?Many online casinos offer reload bonuses that can be used on live dealer games. Moreover, you can enjoy cashback perks on live dealer games. However, the wagering contribution on live dealer tables will be much lower than regular slot games.
Is it safe to play live dealer casino blackjack online?Yes, all live blackjack casinos hold a UKGC gaming licence and have a robust foundation with SSL encryption in place. This means the gaming site has to abide by strict rules and regulations that protect the player from any foul play.
Can I count cards when playing live casino blackjack?Yes, it's possible to count cards. However, most casinos shuffle the cards every time a new hand is dealt, making it harder to successfully count the cards.
Can I play blackjack for free?Yes, you can play blackjack for free on the virtual RNG tables as these games are available in demo mode. However, you cannot play live games for free and will need to make a deposit to play.
Are the odds the same as the regular blackjack games at online casinos?Yes, playing with a live offers the same odds of winning as the games you find in a land-based casino. The game and the odds are the same, so you don't need to leave the house to play real blackjack.
Can I play blackjack games on my mobile?Yes, you can enjoy the excitement of the blackjack tables directly from your smartphone or tablet device. The best blackjack casinos are fully functional on all iOS and Android mobile devices.
Are there any blackjack strategies I can apply to increase my odds of winning?Yes, you can implement the basic blackjack strategy and decade the house edge to just 0.5%. The blackjack strategy is all about making the right call based on the cards you hold and the card the dealer holds.
How do I know the games aren't rigged?Live blackjack is played in real-time from a casino, so decks are drawn out from a card shuffler. Thanks to the live stream, you see everything as it happens, so there is no opportunity for any foul place to take place.
What is the house edge for blackjack?The house edge for blackjack is set at 2% but this can be reduced to 0.5% when you play the basic strategy. However, it's worth noting that other versions of the game may have a different house edge than the regular version of the game.